School to School Support Offer
Mayfield School caters for pupils with Severe Learning Difficulties and Complex Needs.
The aim of the service is to share the wealth of knowledge and experience of learners with special educational needs and is committed to improving the outcomes for all children and young people with special educational needs in the local community.
What we can offer
We are able to offer support for schools in a wide range of areas including:
· Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC)
· Managing challenging behaviour
· Severe learning difficulties (SLD)
· Profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD)
· Sensory curriculum
· Routes for Learning
· Visual Impairment
· MOVE (movement opportunities via education )
· Moving and Handling
· Personal and Social development
· Fine motor skills and early writing
· Target Setting
· IEP writing
· Monitoring Pupil Progress
How can we help?
We offer a responsive service to mainstream schools which will enable schools to effectively include pupils with Special Educational Needs
We offer observation of individual students in their educational setting leading to working strategies for staff to improve pupil outcomes
We provide opportunities for staff to observe specialist working environments at Mayfield to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding of a range of special educational needs
We offer specific training to staff and parents from the local community
Outreach Support prices 2019-2020
· Hourly support for Teacher/ HLTA £70
· Support for pupil in own school with a written report £195 (1½ hours in school)
· Half Day Support for pupil in own school (3 hrs in school)with a written report £345
· Half Day Placement at Mayfield- ‘on the job’ TA/Teacher training £35 per person per placement.
Whole School Training
We can deliver bespoke training for half day, full day or twilight sessions on a range of SEND subjects at your school.
Mayfield School want to ensure that it can meet the needs of your pupils and staff and offer an initial phone consultation free of charge. Please contact Helen Smith at Mayfield School to discuss your individual requirements or look at our website for more information.
Phone: 01257 263063